Monday, April 13, 2009

Summer is in the Air

Greetings Cedarbrook Nation,

As I sit here in our living room tonight I have realized that Summer is fast approaching. The weather is...well...it's stopped snowing at least. I'm told it will be warmer later on this week so maybe then the weather will show signs of summer approaching. However, around camp despite the chilly temperatures there are signs that summer is just around the corner. Last week Paul put up the ropes and stakes around the parking lot, the snow has melted on the hill, and the ice has finally gone out on the lake.

Today Linea and Noah started their softball and baseball practices. Just another sign that summer is on it's way. While I was at Noah's practice with Jared and Becky at Linea's accross town at another field I had a little scare with Jared. I was picking out Noah's uniform and turned around and Jared was gone. He was no where to be found. I searched high and low for him and enlisted the help of the other parents around me. It was the longest 10 minutes of my life. He had wandered into the school building looking for Becky. I definately aged 10 years tonight.

I would like to bring some sad news and ask for your prayers. Alton Bay Christian Conference Center in Alton Bay, New Hampshire had a fire yesterday that destroyed 45 buildings. One firefighter was hurt and hospitalized. So please join me in praying for the staff at Alton Bay and the firefighter as the next several days and weeks unfold for them.

We had a suprise visit today from Kent (last summer's waterfront director). She was meeting some friends who also used to work at camp in the kitchen some years ago. I can't quite remember their bird names but they are now missionaries in Rwanda. It was nice catching up with Kent and hearing about how busy she's been as she wraps up her 3rd year of nursing school. We are sad that Kent won't be able to work at camp all summer this year. She has an opportunity to do an internship at a hospital that she is very excited about.

Lastly registrations are coming in and staffing is shaping up nicely for this summer. We are excited to be launching our 64th year of ministry yet our first year known as New England Camp Cedarbrook. God has gone ahead of us and is paving a path for the staff and girls that will come to camp this summer. We pray that we would not be a roadblock for that path.

Well I'm quite tired, off to bed.

Good night and God bless!

Rob and Becky
(Keelah and Tai)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home